12 12 / 2013
12 12 / 2013
Thoughts on last Everthorne kiss (from an Everlark shipper)
- Ok, so after seeing Catching Fire (ahem, 3 times) I have come to a conclusion about the last kiss between Gale and Katniss.
- So… let me start off by saying that I am the biggest Everlark shipper there is. I don't think they could be any more perfect. However, I do respect the character of Gale, just not with Katniss.
- Anyway, so when I first saw the movie, I was absolutely pissed that Francis put that last kiss in there. It didn't happen in the book, so I was confused and really upset. I was especially fuming after the movie and thinking about how they took out the rooftop scene but added another kiss with Gale? WTF??
- BUT… after thinking about it, I think the reasoning behind the "last kiss before being reaped" thing was because Katniss wanted to properly say goodbye and give something of herself to Gale because she thought that would be the last time she would ever see him, at least alone. We know that Katniss is confused about her feelings towards Gale (at least, I hope the audience who hadn't read the book got that), so why kiss him? I think it was because she figured that even though she didn't know what it meant to her, she knew what it meant to him, and she wanted to leave him with something that would make him happy. And I think she wanted to make him happy because she has basically decided to die for Peeta, so she wanted let Gale know that she does care about him because he has done so much for her and has always been there for her. He has been such a great friend and has been somebody that she could always count on when she didn't have anybody else.
- So anyway, that's my thoughts on that. But it does make me mad because I think that kiss made everybody think that Katniss' true love is Gale, at least for those who haven't read the books (btw, what are you doing with your life if you haven't read the books?!) But I'm hoping that by the end of the movie people realized that she has feelings for Peeta too. It's just a complicated thing.
- RANT. OVER.